Last updated: September 14th 2016 It’s safe to say that when shaving, most people want the same basic things. For one, they want a razor that they know they can trust. After all, you wouldn’t let just any sharp object get that close to your face without knowing that you can put your full faith behind it. Secondly, people want a close shave.
They don’t want to be left with all that stubble that a razor couldn’t reach. Finally, people don’t want the annoying bumps, cuts, and nicks left behind from not getting a proper shave with a proper razor. These are the reasons that so many people turn to a razor with a double edge. But, what are the best double edge razor blades and how do you choose? It’s actually quite simple.
What Are The Best Double Edge Razor Blades
It’s no secret that there are a variety of double edge razor blades to choose from. Wouldn’t it be so simple if there was just one and that was it? Unfortunately and fortunately that’s not the case. You have to do a little investigating and researching to find the best double edge blades for you. Not everyone is going to like the same type, which is why this step can get tricky. One of the first things that people search for is of course the price.
You don’t want to spend an arm and a leg and not get great quality on your razor blades! You also don’t want to pay too cheaply, and not get what you were hoping for just to strike a deal. Next, looking at the performance reviews is a great idea! You can see just what other people had to say about a particular type. Did it offer a close shave? Or did it leave the user with more problems then they had to begin with?
Finally, take into consideration the durability when searching for the top rated double edge razor blades. You want something that’s going to last a while and not get dull. This is especially true if you plan on spending a lot of money on some good shaving blades. Research is key in this stage.
What Is A Double Edge Razor?
It seems that using a double edge razor has long been the way
You don’t need to apply a lot of pressure to get the closet shave. Rather you can just let the razor do the work for you and glide across the skin. Applying lots of pressure can cause injury, and an uneven shave. The beauty of double edge razors is you don’t have to worry about that. Finally, the razor itself angles nicely. This allows you to reach all those hard to reach areas on the face, but also to shave with ease! No more struggling to awkwardly bend your risk to get the closet shave. The razor takes the work out for you.
Why Should I Use One?
Double razors not only are more durable than any other kind, but they also help to get every single crevice on your face. These ones are made to get those tough to reach places such as areas on the neck, or around the mouth. They are designed to bend, and shave close to avoid any cuts, or uncomfortable bumps.
Tips For Using A Double Edge Razor
- Don’t apply too much pressure. If you apply too much pressure you could cause bleeding.
- Angle the razor at 30 degrees to really get the best and closet shave. You should take slow strokes when shaving to ensure quality. Don’t go too fast or in a side to side motion because this will result in injury and an unclean shave.
- Stretch the skin so that the blades can get super close and get rid of all those unwanted hairs!
- Rinse and repeat is the final step, and the step that begins it all again. This is a simple step all you have to do is rinse it underneath warm water to make sure it’s ready to go again. You don’t want to keep shaving with a razor that’s covered in hair.
What To Consider When Looking For The Best
- Like anything in life, safety is key! Safety will make shaving easier, less worrisome, and therefore an all around better experience. Checking out safety razor blade reviews is important.
- Razor blades offer all sorts of varying degrees of sharpness. There are some that are quite dull, and these are perfect if you are just starting your shaving journey out or don’t want that super clean cut look. The blades can progressively get sharper until you find ones that are terrifyingly sharp! It’s a common myth that people hold that having the sharpest razor out there will get you the best shave. This isn’t always true. You can get a perfectly good shave with a moderately sharp blade.
- The best safety razor blades are those that are sharp enough to get the job done, but not so sharp that they will terrify you out of ever shaving again. When looking for the best, it’s important to look at the different types. These razor blades are perfect because they offer a variety of types, brands, and blades depending on whether or not a person is a beginner, intermediate, or advanced shaver! These blades understand that all men were created differently, and therefore they need different blades!
- Some need a razor with added safety features such as a coating on the blade to make it less likely to cause nicks. Other men need a sharp one because they are truly a wiz at shaving, and need something sharp to really catch all those stubborn hairs! Men have different wrists, and wrist movement.
- Therefore their grips are different and they need razors that are going to bend differently, so they can get the shave that works the best for them.
- The best shaving blades and the types of razor blades depend solely on the man himself. He needs to decide if he wants something thick or thin, sharp or dull, safety coating or not. There are so many options out there.
- It’s important to consider the price. Although most will run you between $0.15 and $0.60 it is possible to find ones that are more expensive. It all depends on what you are looking for.
- Most of the razors come individually packaged. This part is personal preference, so choose the type of packaging based on what you like.
- Durability is key. You want to choose a razor you know will last you, and one that’s not going to break at an inconvenient time.
Our Vote: Best Double Edge Razor Brands
There are of course a large variety of razor blades. As discussed before, there are ones that have different amounts of blades, and different degrees of sharpness. There are also a large variety of brands. You will see different names come up quite frequently, especially compared to other brands.
Astra Superior Premium Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
Astra is a popular brand. One of the reasons it’s so popular is because the blade is just what guys need. It’s on the medium end when it comes to blade sharpness. It’s perfect for guys just starting out who don’t know yet if they want something sharp, or something dull. They can try something right in the middle which might be perfect for them.
Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum Coated Blade
Another popular brand is the Feather New Hi Stainless. It has a blade Coated in platinum, and this brand of blades is not for the beginner! On the other hand, this blade is for the experience shaver who know what’s hes doing, and how to do it. It’s ideal for someone who has been shaving for years and years and really has learned how to master the blade. This razor is ssuper sharp. It’s only to be trusted in the hands of someone who knows what they’re doing. It is also key to make sure this blade is not left laying out to reduce the risk of injury. There is a perk to this super sharp blade, for those who know what they’re doing, it is sure to provide an expert and almost professional shave.
Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades
Now that we’ve covered our typical, every day average shaver, and our experienced shaver, it’s time to talk about our beginners! The Derby Double Edge are perfect for those who are just beginning their shaving journey. These are designed for comfort and safety. The blades are coated with polymer. This makes them durable, but also extremely gentle on the skin for a beginner.